Vintage Men’s Watch, Eloga Swiss Watch, Black Dial, 17 Jewels, Military Style, 1940s, Red Second Hand, Runs Great
• Size: Case diameter excluding crown = 33mm x Lug to lug = 40mm
• Sets, winds, runs, keeps time.
• Vintage Eloga Swiss Watch
• Handsome, high grade, and highly desirable
• Spectacular black dial
• Bauhaus style Arabic numerals and batons
• Red Sweep Second hand
• Swiss Made, signed: ELOGA / 17 JEWELS / SWISS
• Case: Screw back with notches for opening tool
• Back signed: STAINLESS STEEL BACK / ANTIMAGNETIC / INCABLOC / Cased and Timed by Precision Watchcraftsmen / Pressure Tested
• Movement: High Grade Manual wind, Eloga Swiss 17 Jewels
• Crystal/Glass condition: Very Good with some scratches
• Band – Vintage original large link stainless steel expansion band. Fits most men’s wrists comfortably.
Overall general comments: Outstanding vintage gentleman’s watch, ready to wear.
Eloga Swiss watches – Eloga S. A., fabrique d’horlogerie, Lengnau near Bienne – are a perfect example of elegance meets performance. A benchmark in Master Swiss watch-making, Eloga was born in 1917, in a quaint Swiss village, when Fritz and Hans Spahr set up a watch-making shop in Lengnau in Berne, Switzerland. You can still buy new Eloga watches today; they are valuable objects, treasured for generations.
Vintage men’s watches are smaller in diameter than current men’s new watches; take time to double check the measurements, in order to be certain the size will meet your needs.
History on your wrist.
Read All About It: Eloga Black Dial Watch