Elgin Deluxe, 17 Jewel Watch, 10K Gold Filled Art Deco Case, DuraPower Wristwatch
• Size – 27 mm wide x 38 mm lug to lug
• Working Condition – Sets, Runs, Keeps Time
• Color – Yellow or Natural 10k Gold Filled, stainless steel back
• Circa – 1950
• Movement – 17 jewels
• Band – Black genuine leather new
• Maker / Distributor – Elgin National Watch Company
• Remarks – Pyramid domed crystal, sub seconds dial.
The dp on the dial means DuraPower. Introduced in 1946, it is used to describe the mainspring made of Elgiloy, an alloy patented by Elgin, which will not rust. Elgiloy is still being sold 65 years later.
More here: ELGIN 17J